Thursday, May 21, 2009

Whoa! What happened?

Yeah. I changed it. My guru (Stewart Jackson) posed a question - again! Dang him! "How much have you said about who you are?" he asked, between clouds of incensce.

"Everything!" I answered.

"Ah, my child, but isn't 'Resistance' just telling everyone what you are not? Instead of what you are?"

Like I said - Dang him! He was right. That's good, because you don't want gurus to be wrong.

So, the question remains - In what would I persist, no matter the time, the place or the circumstance? For those of you into Family Systems theory, it's a matter of Self-Differentiation (defining self, staying connected to others).

Who am I? How does who I am help me minister to my congregation? I suppose that's the biggest question of all.

So, those of you who have navigated here hoping to hear me rant about one thing or another, will have to keep browsing. From now on, I will be exploring persistence rather than resistance.

1 comment:

  1. Thats quite an interesting thought. I'll be interested in watching you explore it.

    ReplyDelete